ASP Dot NET is used to develop dynamic web applications, websites and other web services. This web application framework is an extension of classic ASP framework and is built on the .NET Common Language Runtime (CLR). It enables developers to write code not only in script languages but also in .NET languages such as VB.NET, C#, J#, Delphi.NET, Chrome etc.
Many businesses are developing robust and scalable applications on ASP.NET to meet the changing requirements of the competitive business environment. They are benefited by many features that are not available in other frameworks. Some of the features are listed below:
1. Ease of building large applications by reducing the amount of code required in ASP
2. Allows to trace design-time errors in the development stage
3. Improves performance by caching the entire page or only few parts of it
4. Have build-in windows authentication configuration to provide complete security to applications.
5. Provides additional features like drag and drop server controls, WYSIWYG editing and automatic deployment etc
6. Language independency helps in choosing the right language which is applicable to the application under development.
7. No requirement for registration of components as the configuration information is already built-in.
8. ASP.NET runtime monitors and manages the process to ensure all the applications are available to handle requests.
9. Web pages are very easy to write and manage as the source code and HTML codes are on the same server. It provides a lot of flexibility to the web pages.
10. Constant monitoring allows this application to identify memory leaks and destroy those activities immediately for smooth functioning.
Due to the above mentioned features of ASP Dot NET, many businesses are looking forward to upgrade applications from ASP to.NET for maximizing benefit from their business applications. Moreover, applications over ASP.NET framework are more capable to handle higher number of requests in comparison to classic ASP applications.
If you have any requirement to migrate classic .NET applications to ASP.NET framework, you must get in touch with a reliable software development company. There are various offshore dot net development companies that are engaged in offering cost-effective migration services to clients. You can also brief your requirements to one of the companies for having cost-effective migration services.
The Microsoft .NET developers are adept with the latest technological changes and are successful to meet specific business requirements. You will not be disappointed by the solution attained by porting ASP applications to ASP.NET applications.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/6587946